We run a three year Ministry Development (MD) Program for those who have just been ordained as Deacons in the Diocese of Sydney. The program runs over seven days and a three day conference each year.
The Aim of the Program
In partnership with rectors the MD Program seeks to further integrate the participants’ theological understanding with their personal life and ministry practice.
This is achieved through a process of instruction, reflection, discussion and prayer with a view to their growing in personal wisdom and godliness, developing effective ministry practices and a commitment to life-long development.
The program seeks to:
- Focus on both your personal formation and your core competencies in pastoral ministry
- Focus on learning that is related to your current role as an assistant minister in your early formative years
- Use staff, mentors, diocesan clergy and other ministry professionals in the program
- Provide experienced ministry mentors who help guide small groups of participants through these first three years of ministry development
- Use a 360* evaluation tool and other psychometric tools administered by Moore College CMD to help develop a personalised development program for each participant
- Encourage you to work with your rector (or supervising minister) in your ministry development
- Provide a supportive cohort of ministry colleagues in these early years of ordained ministry
- Meet in a central venue but sometimes meet in different parishes to be exposed to different ministry situations and learn from the local rector
- Meet in year groups with a progression in the program content (from year 1-3)
- Help you understand, belong and engage with our diocesan fellowship
- Build on prior learning (e.g. MTS, Moore College, Youthworks College)
Registration for the MD Program is required annually and payment is linked to the registration (have your credit card details with you when you register). Registrations are open now and we request that you sign up as soon as possible. A TryBooking Tax Invoice/receipt is automatically generated when the registration and payment are completed. If you require clarification or assistance with the registration or payment, speak to the Team Administrator, Christine Pollett – email@example.com (or ring/leave a message 02 9265 1585).
In each of the three years of the MD program, we will have ten days of training (seven full days and a three-day live-in conference at Youthworks, Port Hacking). The cost of this training in 2023 is $1,100 for the ten days. However, due to some savings we have subsidised the cost and the actual fee is $900 pp.
Ministry Development Assistant (MDA)
Many of the resources we use in our MD Program including pre-reading, exercises, PowerPoint presentations and outlines are available on the Ministry Development Assistant. To access these go to the following link and use the log in details you received after registering and paying for the MD Program.
We celebrate the completion of the MD Program over dinner for those in Year 3 of the program. The Archbishop, Kaniska Raffel, and his wife, Cailey, host the evening. Annually the MT&D staff, Year 3 delegates, mentors and their spouses celebrate this special occasion at the end of each year.
This next celebration dinner will be held on the evening of Monday, 27 November 2023. Those in Year 3 in 2023 please SAVE THE DAY and register your intentions as soon as you can.